Did DCPP Place My Child in a Safe Foster Home?
Having your child removed from your home is scary. Most of the times, DCPP will see if the child can stay with a family member or friend, but sometimes the child is placed in foster care. If your child is placed into foster care, it is important to call our NJ DCPP lawyers right away, as it gets tougher to bring your child back home the longer you wait. If your child is taken to a foster home, your child is in the hands of foster parents who are licensed, and who have been carefully screened. For the time being, they are in good hands, but it is important to act fast to bring them home.
To help ease your mind, here are a list of requirements foster parents must meet:
- Must be adults over the age of 18
- Must be healthy and in good condition to watch over the foster children
- Must have been trained on how to be a good foster parent
- Must be able to provide the children with a safe home to live in and a nurturing environment
- Must be committed to taking care of the child and their needs
- Must work with DCPP to ensure the foster children remain safe
Foster parents go through all of these requirements and more when looking to become one. While NJ DCPP puts these parents through multiple screenings, there are some weaknesses to the system. If you need to get your child out of foster care, contact our smart, tough, and dedicated New Jersey DCPP attorneys on our toll free hotline at 1-855-9JEFLAW (1-855-953-3529). We will fight for you and your child, and will make sure you understand your rights as a parent.